Diane Leyre is a French model, radio personality, and beauty pageant titleholder who was crowned Miss France 2022.
Diane Leyre was born on Thursday, 10 July 1997 (age 26 years; as of 2023) in Neuilly-sur-Seine. Her zodiac sign is Cancer. After graduating with her baccalauréat in economics and social sciences with honors, Leyre completed one year of law school before moving to Madrid to enroll in IE University, later graduating with a Bachelor of Business Administration and International Business degree.
Height (approx.): 5′ 10″
Weight (approx.): 57 kg
Hair Colour: Brown
Eye Colour: Brown
Body Measurements (approx.): 33-25-34
Parents & Siblings
Her father’s name is André Leyre, a real estate developer, originally from Gard in Languedoc-Roussillon, who moved to Paris for better opportunities. Her mother, Sabine Leyre is a former flight attendant and belongs to the Northern part of France.
She has an elder brother.
Husband & Children
Diane is unmarried.
Relationships and Affairs
It was rumored that Diane Leyre was in a relationship with the French actor and producer, Thomas Goldberg.
She says that her religion is living together in peace and while she does not have any ill-wills against any other religion, she likes to keep her religion private.
She lives in the seventh arrondissement in Paris.
After her graduation, Leyre moved to Paris, where she started a career in the real estate development firm Jadley, headquartered in the 7th arrondissement. She started her journey as a real estate developer before she participated in the pageants.
Leyre started doing pageants in 2021. She entered the Miss Paris 2021 competition and won. This allowed her to go to the Miss Île-de-France 2021 competition. In 2022, she crowned Océane Bobèche as the new Miss Paris. She also took part in the Miss Île-de-France 2021 contest on October 3, 2021, and won. Because of this, she got to represent Île-de-France at Miss France 2022.
Miss France 2022 took place on December 11, 2021, at the Zénith de Caen in Caen. Leyre was already considered a top contender before the competition began. During the finals, she made it to the top fifteen and later the top five, even though she had a slight stumble on stage in her evening gown. In the end, Leyre won the title, and Amandine Petit from Normandy crowned her as Miss France, making her the sixteenth woman from Île-de-France to win. She ended her reign as Miss France on December 17, 2022, at Miss France 2023, where she passed the crown to Indira Ampiot from Guadeloupe.
In July 2023, it was announced that Leyre would represent France at Miss Universe 2023.
She stands for causes like racism, discrimination, and homophobia.
Defending Miss France Rules
The new Miss France has called herself a feminist and defended the contest’s rules even though there’s been some disagreement about it. The contest is only for single women who are at least 1.70 meters tall and under 25 years old, and this has caused some debate. When asked about what the Minister for Equality of Women and Men, Elisabeth Moreno, said about the rules being old-fashioned, she replied, “Even if it’s old-fashioned, we still like it. Miss France is still the big event of the year. It’s always been this way, and we’ve liked it like this for a long time. So why change it now?”
- Miss Île-de-France 2021 (winner)
- Miss France 2022 (winner)
- Miss Universe 2023 (participant)
When Leyre was Miss France, she got lots of prizes and gifts worth more than €57,000 from sponsors, a fancy apartment in Paris for a whole year, and a monthly salary equivalent to a high-level executive in France.
- Miss France: Amandine Petit, Laury Thilleman
- Football Team: Paris Saint-Germain
- Vacation Spot: Languedoc-Roussillon
- Place in Ile-de-France: Bridge of Alexander III
- Football Players: Neymar, Kylian Mbappé
- Emoji: Smiley with heart eyes, Monkey with closed eyes
- Leyre is the cousin of Illana Barry, who won Miss Languedoc-Roussillon 2020 and took part in Miss France 2021. Leyre decided to compete in Miss France after seeing her cousin Illana Barry compete in Miss France 2021 and with encouragement from friends.
- At 17, Leyre left her family’s home and moved into a small apartment in the same building where her parents lived. She did this while working so that she could pay her rent. She started working when she was 15 years old.
- Leyre is a mentor in the Sainte Raphaëlle Marie association, where she has been helping children in tough situations ever since she was just 16.
- Leyre became Miss France 2022 at the age of 24, making her the oldest winner in the competition.
- During her teenage years, Leyre had body image issues, feeling too tall or not curvy enough. She didn’t date much either and always considered herself a “side-kick”.
- When she first went to university in Spain, Leyre could only speak a little Spanish and English, but she later became fluent in both. Now, she speaks French, English, and Spanish fluently.
- During the Miss France pageant, Leyre stumbled while walking in her evening dress. She said it happened because the dress was very long and the walk was stressful as it was the final walk before the question round.
- She wore a baguette on her dress as a part of the regional costume.
- After winning Miss France, Leyre got to go to various events in France and other countries, like being on a TV show (Fort Boyard), attending the French Open, and working as a promotional model in cities like Barcelona.
- On June 21, 2022, Leyre couldn’t crown Miss Paris 2022 Océane Bobeche because she was in Montpellier, France, raising money for Ukrainian war orphans with Miss Universe Ukraine 2020 Yelizaveta Yastremskaya.
- On December 17, 2022, Leyre crowned Miss France 2023 Indira Ampiot.
- Leyre was supposed to compete in Miss Universe 2022, but she had to drop out because she didn’t have enough time to get ready for the pageant. She was replaced by the first runner-up, Floriane Bascou.
- When asked about her type of guy, Miss France said, “I can have an attraction for men who have totally different physiques. To seduce me, you have to make me laugh, it works every time! A man who has a beautiful smile with slightly laughing and charming eyes, he already half has me.”
- One of her saddest moments was when she made it to the top 15 in the Miss France competition and had to leave her two best friends, Miss Midi-Pyrénées and Miss Limousin, behind.
- In an interview, Leyre revealed that she was going through a tough breakup when she entered Miss France. Being in the pageant helped her realize her self-worth and move on.
- Leyre had a special lipstick that she considered lucky for Miss France. It belonged to her mother and dated back to the year of Sylvie Tellier, a former Miss France. She wore this lipstick from Miss Paris to Miss France. Once, she forgot it at her hotel and was very upset, but she managed to get it back in time for the event.
- Diana is a huge animal lover and even had pets before. At the time of her election, she had a dog, Ohana, a few years ago with her ex-partner. Unfortunately, when they separated, she had to leave the dog with her ex. After winning Miss France she got herself a pup.
- In an interview she confessed that she loves to watch baby monkey videos on her Instagram; it is her guilty pleasure. She finds them really adorable.
- She is also a professional judo player.