Eoin Joseph Gerard Morgan CBE is a cricketer who led the England limited-overs squad from 2015 until his retirement in June 2022. England won the ICC Cricket World Cup for the first time under his leadership in 2019.
|Nickname||Moggie, the ‘finisher’|
|Date of Birth||10th September 1986|
|Age||34 years (in 2020)|
|Place of Birth||Dublin, Ireland|
|Nationality||Irish & English|
|Sister||Laura Morgan, Gwen Morgan|
|Brother||Gareth Morgan, Gavin Morgan, Evan Morgan|
Eoin Morgan Biography
Eoin Morgan was born on September 10, 1986, in Dublin, Ireland. Eoin Morgan’s family includes his father, mother, three sisters, two brothers, his wife, and his kid. Jody Morgan is his father, while Olivia Morgan is his mother. He has two sisters, Gwen Morgan and Laura Morgan. The England Captain comes from a large family, with three brothers. Gareth Morgan, Evan Morgan, and Gavin Morgan are their names. He received his diploma from Dulwich College in London.
Eoin Morgan has been named England Cricket Team Captain for the 2015 ICC Cricket World Cup. It occurred after the removal of Captain Alastair Cook. Morgan previously captained England in T20s and ODIs. Eoin Morgan is England’s all-time leading run-scorer as of December 2019. He has also appeared in most One Day Internationals for England.
Eoin Morgan Height, Weight, Body measurement
Morgan’s height in feet is around 5’ 8” & he weighs around 65 kgs. His body dimensions are 36-34-15 inches, and his chest size is 36 inches. He has blue eyes and black hair.
- Morgan was just 20 years old when he joined Middlesex in 2006. In 2018, he earned his first century for the County Team. On July 5, 2008, he delivered his hundredth delivery in 250 deliveries.
- In the 2018 Twenty20 tournament, he was instrumental in Middlesex winning the Trophy. He demonstrated his abilities by guiding Middlesex to a memorable County Championship victory against Kent.
- Eoin Morgan started his international career with the National Team of Ireland. On August 5, 2006, he made his debut against Scotland. Morgan was one out of a debut ton. Nonetheless, his maiden ODI century came against Canada in Nairobi on February 4, 2007. Ireland selected him to compete in the 2007 ICC Cricket World Cup.
- Eoin Morgan wants to play Test cricket after a successful stint with Ireland. However, Ireland was not yet a Test-playing nation. As a result, he joined the England Lions in 2007. He went on to play against teams like the Windies and South Africa. Morgan was able to make his Test debut against Bangladesh in 2010 after a break.
- Eoin played his debut T20 International against the Netherlands in 2009. Morgan has remained as one of the most consistent players on England’s T20 squad.
- Eoin Morgan made his debut in the 2010 season of the Indian Premier League (IPL). At the auction, Royal Challengers Bangalore (RCB) paid $220,000 to sign him.
- But no matter how many opportunities he had, he couldn’t make an impact. As a result of this, he returned to the Auction. This time, he was signed by the Kolkata Knight Riders (KKR) for a whopping $350,000.
- He did not compete in the 2014 edition due to patriotic responsibilities against the Island Nation. On his comeback in 2015, he was signed by Sunrisers Hyderabad (SRH) for $150,000. However, in the 2017 IPL, Kings XI Punjab purchased him for Rs.2 crore. KKR re-signed him in the 2020 IPL Auction for 5.25 crores.
- Eoin Morgan has also played in the Pakistan Super League (PSL). In the 2017 PSL, he played for Peshawar Zalmi. However, he joined Karachi Kings the next year after being picked up for $140,000.
- Morgan joined Tshwane Spartans for the first Mzansi League season in October 2018.
- First cricketer to score a first-class double century for Ireland (209* against the United Arab Emirates)
- The first batsman to be dismissed for 99 on his ODI debut.
- Third youngest ever non-subcontinental player to make a century in ODI cricket.
Eoin Morgan’s Net Worth
Eoin Morgan has an estimated net worth of $25 million US dollars as of October 2023. His net worth was $23.5 million US dollars the previous year. As an A-category player, his monthly salary is also enhanced. The Yearly Wage is adjusted in accordance with a rise in his monthly salary. Taskin earns money through a variety of sources. As a cricketer, a model, and a personal entrepreneur.
Eoin Morgan has been named as Fairplay’s new worldwide brand ambassador. Today, Fairplay / Fairplaynews revealed its new worldwide brand ambassador, renowned England World Cup-winning Captain Eoin Morgan.
Eoin Morgan Wife, Marriage, Children
Eoin Morgan, England’s limited-overs captain, is married to Tara Ridgway. Tara is now employed as a Marketing Coordinator at Burberry in London. Tara Morgan, Eoin Morgan’s wife, and a former Paradise Fashion Trends part-time model was born and raised in Adelaide, Australia. She is the daughter of former South Australian Legislative Assembly member David Ridgway of the Liberal Party of Australia.
Awards & Achievement
The veteran has appeared in 16 tests, 248 One-Day Internationals, and 115 Twenty20 Internationals. He scored 700 runs in test cricket, 7,701 runs in one-day internationals, and 2,458 runs in Twenty20 Internationals. Morgan has been described as a destructive cricketer due to his propensity to hit monster sixes. Morgan is the first batter in history to have two ODI hundreds while representing two separate countries, England and Ireland. Eoin Morgan is regarded as one of the greatest cricket captains of all time. This is owing to the limited-overs change he made on the English side. Morgan was England’s all-time highest ODI and T20I run scorer when he retired a few months back, with 6,957 and 2,458 runs, respectively.
- Morgan went on to win three Senior Cup titles while still in school and while representing his school team.
- He used to play Hurling twice a week when he was younger. He did it to develop his battering talents, particularly his grabbing and reverse sweep. Morgan is currently a Pro who plays the reverse sweep flawlessly.
- Eoin Morgan stole the show as the top scorer in the Under-19 World Cup while representing Ireland.
- Morgan is the only batsman in ODI history to be removed for 99 runs in the first game.
- On March 11, 2011, he made his England World Cup debut. He was just the fourth player in World Cup history to have played for two separate countries.
- Morgan was the only England player to sign an IPL deal. RCB signed him for a whopping $220,000.