Snapchat has been quite a popular app among everyone for quite some time now, and hardly anyone knows about it. One of the highlights of its many other cool features is its filters. Snapchat has taken the world by storm since almost everyone else on social media used its “Dog Filter.” And so there are many who want to keep up with the latest trends and be a part of the app now. Because better late than never, right?
However, there are some who find it hard to understand how the app works, so we are here to tell you everything! In this article, we will explain all the issues related to Snapchat, from logging into the app to being a pro. So now, let’s get straight to the point!
What is Snapchat and how to create an account on it?
Although there are many people who know about Snapchat and have an account on the app, there are also some who don’t know how to create an account on Snapchat. And so, here are the steps for it:
- Search for Snapchat in the App Store.
Note: You need to search for Snapchat in the Play Store if you are an Android user. We provide the steps for iOS users here.
- Then tap Install.
- After it has been installed successfully, open it.
- Then click Sign Up.
- Now, enter your name and then a username.
Note: Choose your username once and for all, as you won’t be able to change it later.
- Enter a password that you will easily remember.
- After that, enter a valid email address and your date of birth.
- When you’re done filling in the details, tap Sign up and continue.
And that’s it guys! Now your Snapchat account will be created after the successful confirmation of your registration number and email.
How to login to Snapchat?
There is an easy way to log into Snapchat. If you too want to join the Snapchat gang, it’s never too late! All you have to do is follow the steps below:
- Open Snapchat or download it if you don’t have it installed.
- Now tap Sign in and enter your account credentials.
- Tap Sign in and you’re done!
You will be asked after successful login if you want to save your “Memories” to your camera roll as well, or just to the Memories section.
What are Snapchat streaks and how to start making them?
After your account is successfully set up on Snapchat and you want to know what Snapchat streaks are, you just need to keep in mind and follow a few pretty easy things. So if you think it’s about time you wanted to get on the ride too and want to know how you can start making Snapchat stripes, read on.
To start creating streaks on Snapchat planets, users need to frequently exchange snaps, but this means that just receiving snaps and not opening them isn’t the only important point. And the user also has to send the snapshots. Apart from this, Bitmoji stickers can also be sent in text messages. While sending snapshots, users can make use of the countless filters available in the app. Using them can also help to make streaks and make the flame glow.
If users don’t want to break streaks, they should make sure to swap snapshots at regular intervals of time. And this is how you can start and maintain your streaks on Snapchat.
Ways to Recover Lost Snapchat Streaks
After rewarding the world with one of the best trending “Streaks” for free, Snapchat has continued to emerge with more features and gaining many new users. However, there are times when you live in the moment and stop capturing it, and on Snapchat, this means losing the streaks you’ve been racking up all this time!
Sounds like a nightmare, especially when you have hundreds of them. But don’t panic if you’ve lost your flame in the app! We will explain using some pretty easy ways on how you can recover lost Snapchat streaks. So now, let’s get straight to the point!
- Open Snapchat and tap on your Bitmoji icon.
- Then scroll down and go to the Support section.
- Now click I need help and a new page will appear.
- Select Snapstreaks and click let us know in the “What if my Snapstreak is missing” section in bold.
- Then select I lost my Snapstreak.
- Now fill in all the details and information that is requested and click Submit.
You can also contact Snapchat’s support page if you can’t wait for Snapchat to respond and look into the matter.
What is a Snapchat score and how to increase it?
If you want to be a Snapchat pro who has streaks with a long list of friends and also wants to keep their Snap score but you don’t know much about it, then don’t worry, it’s pretty easy to understand what a Snapchat score is.
Every time you do any activity on Snapchat and the amount of time you spend on the app using it, your Snap score is calculated and provided on that basis. Activities can include doing a lot of things in the app, however, there hasn’t been any official word from Snapchat on how exactly the Snap score is calculated, and it tends to keep its algorithm hidden. However, there are some tips and tricks with which you can increase your Snapchat score.
If you want to know how to increase your Snapchat score, then read on and follow the quick and easy ways.
- Exchange snapshots regularly.
- Open the snapshots you have received.
- Send the snaps using different filters provided on Snapchat.
- Post as many stories as you can.
- Keep a long list of friends and have streaks with them.
Earlier, Snapchat used to provide different trophies as rewards to Snapchatters who had higher Snap scores. However, now Snapchat has discontinued the feature. So these were some pretty easy steps after which many users increased their instant score.
Why does Snapchat keep crashing on Android and how to fix it?
If your Snapchat keeps crashing, there could be a few possible reasons that may be causing the problem:
- You are using an old version of the application.
- There is a bug or glitch in the app.
- Network connectivity is poor.
- You have not updated to the latest available version of Snapchat.
- Too many apps running in the background.
And there may be many more! So now, let us discuss how this problem can be fixed by following some simple steps:
- Delete Snapchat and start it again – There is a high chance that Snapchat is not working properly due to accumulated storage and cache. You can delete both and try restarting the app.
- Restart your phone – If your device is a contributing factor to your Snapchat crashing problem, you can restart your phone. Touch and hold your device’s lock screen and select restart. After it reboots, check if the issue is resolved.
- Check your internet data connection – It is possible that your internet connection is poor and thus causing issues like Snapchat crashing.
- Update the app: You can go to the Play Store or App Store to check if there is an update available for Snapchat. If the app is old and not up to date, it may not work properly.
- Uninstall Snapchat and then reinstall it: If the app has some bugs that need to be fixed and you have no other solution, it is better to install the app again. All you have to do is uninstall or delete the app and then download it from the App Store or Play Store to reinstall it.
How to get dark mode on Snapchat?
There are some easy ways to get dark mode on Snapchat.
There may be many reasons why some people prefer dark mode, but one thing is that it’s just great! It’s been quite a while since Snapchat has been providing dark mode, but there are still some users who can’t find the option. So now let’s go straight to the steps:
- Open Snapchat and click on your Avatar icon.
- Then click on the gear icon for Settings.
- Tap App appearance.
- Lastly, click on Always Dark.
Now your Snapchat will be in dark mode, and you can always change it the same way whenever you want.
Steps to recover a hacked Snapchat account
If your Snapchat account was hacked and you were lucky that your email and number weren’t, this is how you can recover your hacked account on Snapchat.
- Open Snapchat.
- Tap Sign in.
- Then enter your login details and press Sign in.
- Now click on I forgot my password.
- After that, choose your recovery mode.
- Now, you will be redirected to a new page where you need to enter your email and click Submit.
- Then go to your email and a link to reset your password will be sent to you.
- You will be able to change your password after entering your email or number to receive the code.
And in this way your account will be safe again. Be sure to reset a strong password this time.
How to delete Snapchat account?
If you want to know how you can delete your Snapchat account, all you have to do is follow the steps below:
- Open Snapchat.
- Tap the profile icon.
- Then go to Settings < Support.
- Now click I need help.
- After that, click Delete my account.
- Now, your account will be deleted after you confirm by logging in again.
Note: You can recover your deleted account within a 30-day time period, however if the time is up, your account will be permanently deleted.
This is how you can delete your Snapchat account. If you want to know more about it, you can also go to Contact Snapchat Support.
What is Snapchat++ Subscription? Here is everything you need to know
After WhatsApp and Telegram, now Snapchat is also in the profit game by announcing its premium subscription service Snapchat++.
According to Snapchat, Snapchat’s premium subscription, Snapchat+, gives users access to “a collection of exclusive, experimental, and pre-release features.”
Not only that, but the app also comes with a ton of perks including the option to set your friend as best friend, story replay count, and also an exclusive badge for premium members. There is much more, such as different designs for the user’s Snapchat ghost avatars. However, the main drawback remains the same: ads will not be removed even on Snapchat+.
So this is it for now! Let’s wait and see what else develops in the coming time, per Snapchat.