Jonathan Marc Bairstow is an English cricketer who has represented his country in all forms. He represents Yorkshire in domestic cricket and has played in many Twenty20 competitions, notably the Indian Premier League for Sunrisers Hyderabad and Punjab Kings.
|Real Name||Jonathan Marc Bairstow|
|Age||32 Year Old|
|Date Of Birth||26 September 1989|
|Mother Name||Janet Bairstow|
|Sister Name||Rebecca Bairstow|
|Brother Name||Andrew Bairstow|
|Height||5 feet 11 inches|
|Girl Friend Name||Eleanor Tomlinson|
|Net Worth||$8 million|
Jonny Bairstow Biography
Jonny Bairstow throughout his whole, Jonathan Marc Bairstow (born September 26, 1989, in Bradford, West Yorkshire, England) is an English right-handed wicket-keeper batsman. Jonny Bairstow has played for England in all three forms of cricket for over a decade. He was a part of the English team that won the 2019 ICC World Cup. Jonny Bairstow is a talented football and rugby player in addition to his cricket skills.
Jonny Bairstow began playing cricket at the age of ten. His father, David Bairstow, was a former English Wicketkeeper hitter who encouraged his son to pursue a career in cricket. Bairstow was first interested in sports such as cricket, rugby, and football. However, his passion for cricket has grown over time. In Yorkshire, he attended St. Peter School. He grew up to be a fantastic footballer throughout his school years. He was named Young Wisden Schools Cricketer of the Year in 2007. Bairstow scored 654 runs throughout the whole season. In school, he was known as the run machine.
Jonny Bairstow Height, Weight
Jonny Bairstow weighs 78 pounds and measures 5 feet 10 inches tall. His eyes are blue, and he has red hair. There is no information on his chest-waist-hip measures, dress size, shoe size, biceps, or other body measurements.
- Bairstow represents Yorkshire in the domestic league. Bairstow played for Yorkshire’s second XI in the 2008 season. In six games, he scored 308 runs at an average of 61.60. He was then called up to the senior squad for the last County Championship match against Sussex, although he did not make the starting 11. He signed a two-year professional deal later in the season. In school, he was also a standout in football and rugby. Bairstow has also represented Leeds United’s youth squad.
- Bairstow resumed playing second XI cricket the next season, in 2009. Nonetheless, after his superb 202-run effort against Leicestershire seconds cricket, he was called up for the main-team encounter against Somerset when Michael Vaughan was ruled out due to injury. Bairstow scored just 28 runs in his debut before being bowled out by Michael Munday, but he top-scored in the second innings with an unbroken 82-run performance. He collected four catches in Somerset’s second innings after taking over wicket-keeping responsibilities from the injured Gerard Brophy.
- In 2010, Bairstow was a regular part of the Yorkshire squad. He played 16 first-class matches the next season, scoring 918 runs at an average of more than 40 for the second consecutive season but unable to convert any of his eight fifties into a huge ton. His solid county season results earned him a spot in the England Performance Programme team to visit Australia in 2010/11.
- Following his outstanding achievements in List A and first-class cricket, he was named to the national team for an ODI against Ireland in August 2011. Unfortunately, he did not make the starting lineup. He made his ODI debut against India in September 2011 and amazed everyone by scoring 41 runs off 21 balls.
- Bairstow was subsequently called up to the test team and made his test debut against the West Indies on May 17, 2012. Following his outstanding achievements in domestic T20s, he was named to England’s side for the 2012 1CC T20 World Cup.
- Bairstow was a member of England’s historic 2019 Cricket World Cup team. He is England’s first wicket-keeper batter to claim nine dismissals twice in a Test match, against South Africa in January 2016 and Sri Lanka in May 2016.
- Bairstow set a new record in 2016 for the most dismissals (70) by a wicket-keeper behind the stumps in a calendar year. He also established a new record for most runs scored by a wicket-keeper batsman in tests in a single year the next year, with 1,470 runs.
- He is also the first English cricketer to hit three ODI centuries in a row.
- Bairstow also played for England in the 2012 ICC World Twenty20 Cup in Sri Lanka. His performance in the tournament was not very impressive.
- Bairstow is a regular part of the national squad and a significant performer for his club, as well as an established opener in ODIs.
- Bairstow was purchased by the Sunrisers Hyderabad in the IPL 2019 player auction for the 2019 Indian Premier League.
- The next season, he made his IPL debut against the Kolkata Knight Riders on March 24, 2019. On his debut, he began the innings with David Warner and scored 39 runs off 35 balls, however, he was defeated. Bairstow continued to shine in the IPL after smashing 45 runs off 28 balls in a match-winning effort against the Rajasthan Royals.
- Bairstow achieved his first IPL century (114 runs off 56 balls) against Royal Challengers Bangalore at home on March 31, 2019, becoming the Sunrisers Hyderabad’s first and only wicket-keeper batter to do so.
- Bairstow appeared in ten games for his club during the 2019 IPL season, accumulating 445 runs at an average of 55.62. Bairstow was then signed by the Sunrisers Hyderabad for the 2020 IPL season. He did not have an amazing IPL season in 2020 and was replaced by Saha halfway through the competition. Bairstow is projected to be an important contributor to SRH in the next years.
- First English Wicketkeeper to claim 9 dismissals twice in tests.
- Most runs in a calendar year in 2016.
- First English batter to score 3 centuries consecutively.
Jonny Bairstow’s Net Worth
Jonny Bairstow’s net worth is estimated to be at $8 million USD (about INR 59 Crore) as of October 2023. His net worth is made up of money from the England and Wales Cricket Board and wages from other contracted teams in other leagues across the globe. The ECB included him to the centrally contracted list of white-ball cricket players in October. Jonny Bairstow is a well-known name in the cricket world. The wicket-keeper batsman is a genuine English superstar whose abilities are unknown to the rest of the world.
His brand endorsement fee is estimated to be between INR 3-5 Lakhs.
Sports Industries SareenJonny Bairstow revealed his affiliation with the athletic brand Sareen through social media in November 2020.
Bairstow returned to Gray Nicolls in 2019 after previously using their bats in 2016. In recent years, his outstanding batting achievements have earned him the second year of his contract. He has now opted to leave the organization following another successful tenure with them.
Scarborough Group International, a multinational real estate, leisure, retail, and gaming software corporation owned by the McCabe family, hired Jonny Bairstow as their brand ambassador in September 2017.
Jonny was named the face of the Uvistat Sun Care Range in 2015. He appeared in the businesses’ commercial and digital marketing initiatives, as well as at select brand-organized events.
Bairstow was one of nine cricketing icons signed on to promote the brand in 2019.
Jonny partnered with Goodwin Smith, apparel, footwear, and accessories business, at the end of 2018.
Jonny Bairstow Girlfriend, Dating
Jonny is presently single and single. This, however, was not the situation a year ago. His lover was supposed to be Eleanor Tomlinson, an English entertainer. They first met at Aintree Racecourse in Liverpool.
According to witnesses, the pair was seen teasing one other and hanging out on the racecourse. It was even said that they exchanged phone numbers. In retrospect, it was evident that they needed to take their relationship to the next level.
Awards & Achievement
Jonny Bairstow is regarded as one of the finest hitters in the world, with a strong batting style and the capacity to hit amazing smashes.
Bairstow made his international debut at the age of 18 when he struck a century against India. Since then, he has established himself as one of England’s most dependable batters, appearing in several ICC tournaments and collecting numerous honors. He was also selected captain of England’s Test squad in 2017, guiding them to a series win against New Zealand. Bairstow is married with two children and is now bound to the English cricket team Nottinghamshire till 2021. Outside of cricket, he has received widespread acclaim for his charitable contributions to organizations like Comic Relief and The Prince’s Trust.
- Jonny Bairstow is the son of former Yorkshire and England wicketkeeper David Bairstow, while his younger brother Andrew Bairstow is a former Derbyshire player.
- His father committed himself when he was just eight years old due to depression.
- Bairstow graduated from St Peter’s School in Yorkshire. Geoff Boycott, his coach, was his trainer.
- In 2007, he made 654 runs in English county cricket and was named Young Wisden Schools Cricketer of the Year.
- Along with cricket, he loves to play football and rugby. In fact, Bairstow had trials with the English Premier League club Leeds United as a right back.
- At a younger age, he played for his home club, the Dunnington cricket club, and now is an inspiration to many kids there who play cricket and one day wants to represent their country.
- In June, he made his first-class debut against Somerset in 2009, scoring an impressive 82 in his second innings, which then secured his place in the first XI.