Joseph Charles Buttler MBE is an English cricketer who now leads the England limited-overs squad and plays for the England Test team. He is regarded as one of the world’s top white-ball batters.
|Real Name||Jos Buttler|
|Full Name||Joseph Charles Buttler|
|Birth Place:||Taunton, Somerset, England|
|Date Of Birth/Birthday:||8 September 1990|
|Age/How Old:||30 years old|
|Height/How Tall:||5’ 11”|
|Parents Name||Patricia and John Buttler|
|Wife/Spouse Name:||Louise Butler|
|Net Worth:||$12 Million|
Jos Buttler Biography
Joseph Charles Buttler (born 8 September 1990) is an English cricketer who currently serves as vice-captain of the England Test squad and the England One Day International (ODI) and Twenty20 International (T20I) teams. He is recognized as one of the best white-ball batters in the world. He has played in a number of Twenty20 tournaments, including the Indian Premier League with the Mumbai Indians and Rajasthan Royals. Buttler was raised in a Christian home. His father, John Buttler, was a Physical Education teacher, while his mother, Patricia Buttler, worked at home. He has two siblings: a brother and a sister. In 2017, Jos Buttler married Louise Webber. The couple had a daughter in 2019 and a second daughter in 2021.
Buttler is a right-handed wicketkeeper-batsman. He is England’s second-most-capped T20I player behind Eoin Morgan. Buttler made his T20I debut in 2011, his ODI debut in 2012, and his Test debut in 2014. In 2019, he was a part of England’s World Cup-winning squad.
Jos Buttler Height, Weight, Body measurement
Jos Buttler is 180 cm tall, 1.80 m tall, and 5′ 11′′ tall. His weight is 66 kg in kilograms. Weight. Jos Buttler has a waist measurement of 32 inches, a chest measurement of 40 inches, and a biceps measurement of 14 inches. His hair is brown, and his eyes are light blue. Aside from that, he wears a shoe size 11.
- The pinnacle of his high school career came in April 2008, when he scored 227 not out in a 50-over national schools game, adding 340 in a record-breaking opening stand with Alex Barrow.
- During the 2008 season, he led King’s and improved on his previous two seasons’ batting statistics, scoring 851 runs, more than any other member of the side.
- Buttler represented Somerset in the Under-13, Under-15, and Under-17 levels. He made his senior club cricket debut for Cheddar at the age of 15 before joining Glastonbury for the 2006 season.
- The pinnacle of his high school career came in April 2008, when he scored 227 not out in a 50-over national schools game, adding 340 in a record-breaking opening stand with Alex Barrow. During the 2008 season, he led King’s and improved on his previous two seasons’ batting statistics, scoring 851 runs, more than any other member of the side.
- While on tour with the England Lions in Bangladesh and Sri Lanka in January 2012, he hit his first limited-overs century against Sri Lanka A.
- He went on tour with England in early 2012 to face Pakistan in the United Arab Emirates, where he made his One-Day International debut, although on the second ball without scoring. Buttler has been called up to the England team for the third Test against India. He scored 85 runs off 83 balls in his debut Test innings.
- He was named England’s vice-captain for the 2019 Cricket World Cup in April 2019. Buttler made a slow start to the competition, scoring just 18 runs in the first match at The Oval against South Africa, but then hit 103 off 76 balls in the second match against Pakistan (the then-fastest century by an English batsman in a World Cup).
- In October of 2017, Buttler married Louise Webber. Their first daughter, Georgia Rose, was born in April 2019, and their second daughter, Margot, was born in September 2021. Buttler was made a Member of the Order of the British Empire (MBE) in the 2020 New Year Honours for services to cricket.
- Buttler made 59 runs in the final against New Zealand and had a crucial 110-run partnership with Ben Stokes to help draw the game, with both sides reaching 241 runs in their innings.
- He was picked to bat with Stokes in the following Super Over, and the duo scored 15 runs, with Buttler scoring seven runs with a boundary off the last ball.
- On the last ball of New Zealand’s over, as he tried a match-winning second run, he ran out Martin Guptill. This equaled the Super Over and won England their first World Cup triumph, although by a smaller margin.Personal Details:
- Fastest maiden century by an English batter.
- Highest ODI score by an English batter (150 runs).
- Fastest century by an English Batter (41 balls).
- First English batter to score a century in all three formats.
Jos Buttler’s Net Worth
Jos Buttler’s net worth is said to be at $12 million, or around 90 crores in Indian rupees as of October 2023. During his playing career, he acquired his net worth from sponsorships and match money.The England Cricket Board pays the wicketkeeper-batsman $2.6 million a year to represent his country. In addition, Jos Buttler earned around Rs 25 crores while playing in the IPL between 2016 and 2021.
Jos Buttler has been one of the best batsmen in recent years. He is a hard hitter and is instantly recognized. Hence it is natural that a lot of brands want to endorse and partner with him. Here are a few brands that Buttler used to/currently endorses:
- Cooper Associates
- Fuzion 100
- Charles Tyrwhitt
- Live Brave Pilates, etc.
Jos Buttler Wife, Marriage, Children
Louise Buttler is Josh Buttler’s wife. Apart from the fact that she is a pilates teacher, nothing is known about Louise. She records her sessions and posts them on social media. In addition, she works as a personal fitness trainer.
The pair allegedly met in the early 2010s. Jos and Louise married in 2017 and have been together since. Georgia and Margot are the couple’s two kids.
Awards & Achievement
- ICC World ODI XI in 2018.
- Young Wisdom School Cricketer of the year in 2010.
- Honored with Member of Most Excellent Order of the British Empire in 2020.
- ICC Men’s T20I Team in 2021.
- Jos Buttler like Asian cuisine and enjoys the occasional curry when in India.
- He hammered three sixes and two boundaries in the second most costly Twenty20 International over—32 runs.
- Buttler played for the Mumbai Indians, who won the IPL championship in 2017.
- Jos reached the century mark against Pakistan in 46 deliveries, cementing his place in cricket history.
- When Jason Roy was removed for a well-played 102, Jos Buttler stepped out to bat at four.
- Saeed Ajmal removed Jos Buttler for a duck, but England won handily by four wickets.
- When England were 420 for the loss of five wickets, Jos Buttler came in to bat.
- Jos Buttler is one of the English circuit’s most lethal young guns, famed for his frenetic attitude in the middle order.