L. V. Revanth is an Indian playback singer who primarily lends his voice to Telugu songs. He is well known for emerging as the winner of the Indian singing reality show Indian Idol season 9 (2016) on Sony TV. L. V. Revanth shot to fame for singing the song ‘Manohari’ from the pan-India film Baahubali: The Beginning (2015).
L. V. Revanth aka Lolla Venkata Revanth Kumar Sharma was born on Saturday, 10 February 1990 (age 32 years; as of 2022) in Srikakulam, Andhra Pradesh, India. His zodiac sign is Aquarius. Revanth completed his schooling at Bala Bhanu Vidyalayam in Srikakulam. He pursued his graduation at Dr V. S. Krishna Government Degree College in Visakhapatnam. Revanth was solely raised by his mother in Visakhapatnam.
Height (approx.): 5′ 7″
Weight (approx.): 75 kg
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Dark Brown
Body Measurements (approx.): Chest 40″, Waist 33″, Biceps 16″
Parents & Siblings
In an interview, Revanth revealed that when he was young, his father died in an accident. His mother’s name is Seetha Subbalaxmi.
Revanth has a younger brother, Santhosh Kumar Lolla.
Wife & Children
Revanth got engaged to Anvitha Gangaraju on 24 December 2021.
On 6 February 2022, the couple got married in an intimate traditional ceremony in Guntur, Andhra Pradesh. Together, they have a daughter, who was born on 1 December 2022.
L. V. Revanth follows Hinduism.
L.V. Revanth belongs to a Brahmin family.
Since childhood, Revanth aspired to become a singer. He used to participate in district and state-level competitions in Visakhapatnam. After completing his graduation, Revanth moved to Hyderabad to get professional playback singing opportunities. In 2008, Revanth made his singing debut with the song “Jalak Diklaja” from the Telugu film Maha Yagnam (2008), composed by Vandemataram Srinivas. In 2013, Revanth made his Kannada singing debut with the film Coffee With My Wife for which he lent his voice to three songs, “Chakkani Vaadey,” “Govinda Govinda,” and “Saayare Sayya,” composed by Manthra Anand. In 2017, Revanth sang his first Hindi song, the title track for an Indian reality show, Sabse Bada Kalakar on Sony TV. In 2019, he made his Tamil debut with the song “Vithi Nathiye” from the film Thadam, composed by Arun Raj. Some of the notable Telugu songs sung by Revanth are “Amba Dari” from the film Badrinath (2011), “Haayi Haayiga” from the film Naa Ishtam (2012), “Vennelaina Cheekataina” from the film Prema Katha Chitram (2013), “Luckkanna Mate Nillu” from the film Raghuvaran B Tech (2014), “Rekkalatho Chukkalakegira” from the film Speedunnodu (2016), “Telisiney Na Nuvvey” from the film Arjun Reddy (2017), and title song for the film Seetimaarr (2021).
In 2008, Revanth participated in the Telugu singing reality show Saptaswaralu on ETV.
In the same year, he participated in the Telugu singing reality show Super Singer 5 on Star Maa, and he emerged as the runner-up in the show. In 2013, Revanth appeared as the runner-up in season 7 of the Telugu reality show Super Singer on Star Maa.
In 2014, he appeared as a mentor in the show Super Singer 8 on Star Maa. In December 2016, L. V. Revanth participated in the Hindi singing reality show Indian Idol season 9, and he was announced as the winner of the show. As a reward, he got a music contract with Sony Music, a Mahindra KUV100, and a cash award of Rs 25 lakh. In an interview, talking about his excitement after winning the season, Revanth said,
“Right now, I am on cloud nine. I am very happy for winning the show. I would say that my life has just began right now. It’s not easy to win that title being a south Indian singer. I saw this show as a big opportunity. The four-month journey in this show has completely changed my life,”
In 2020, Revanth appeared as a jury member in the singing reality show Sa Re Ga Ma Pa- The Next Singing Icon on Zee Telugu. In 2022, he appeared as a mentor in the show Sa Re Ga Ma Pa- The Singing Superstar on Zee Telugu. In the same year, Revanth participated and won the Telugu version of the Indian reality television show Bigg Boss 6 on Star Maa.
- 2011: Best Playback Singer – Male for the song “Vey Vey Debbaku Debba” from the Telugu film Rajanna at the Maa Music Awards
- 2011: Best Debut Singer – Male for the song “Ambadari and Chiranjeeva Chiranjeeva” from the Telugu film Badrinath at the BIG FM Telugu Movie Awards
- 2015: Special Jury Award at the TSR-TV9 National Film Awards
- 2015: Nominated for Best Male Playback Singer Award for the song “Manohari” from the film Baahubali: The Beginning at the IIFA Utsavam Awards
- 2015: Nominated for Best Male Playback Singer Award for the song “Manohari” from the film Baahubali: The Beginning at the Star Maa Music Awards
- 2017: Best Play Back Singer Award for the title song of the Telugu television show Kalyana Vaibhogam at the Teluguflame T.V. Awards
- 2018: Nominated for Filmfare Award for Best Male Playback Singer – Telugu for the song “Telisaney Na Nuvvey” from the film Arjun Reddy at the 65th Filmfare Awards South
- 2018: Best Male Playback Singer for the song “Telisaney Na Nuvvey” from the Telugu film Arjun Reddy at the 16th Santosham Film Awards
L. V. Revanth owns a Bajaj Avenger.
- Food: Fried potatoes and Chutney
- Muscian(s): S.P. Balasubrahmanyam, Raghuram Dronavajjala, Saketh Komanduri, Kousalya, Devi Sri Prasad, and Viswanath Ghantasala
- Holiday Destination: Ireland
- Revanth is fondly called by the name Idol ka Bahubali.
- Revanth has sung over 200 Telugu and Kannada songs.
- In an interview, Revanth revealed that while going for auditions, he faced humiliation because he was not fluent in the Hindi language and said,
Whenever I went for auditions, I was often insulted for not knowing Hindi and wanting to become a playback singer. People made fun of me, but when I hold the mic I forget everything and that has helped me in moving forward in life.”
- Revanth created background scores for a few Telugu films like Maryada Ramanna (2010), Badrinath (2011), and Dhammu (2012).
- During his journey in the Indian Idol season 9, Revanth revealed that many people mocked his way of speaking in the Hindi language as he was not able to converse in the language well and said,
When I started my journey in Indian Idol, a lot of people laughed at me for not knowing Hindi very well. I did feel bad about it, initially, but I did not let anything negative affect me and kept my willpower strong.”
- Revanth considers M. M. Keeravani, an Indian film composer, playback singer, and lyricist as his inspiration in music.
- Revanth is the second Telugu singer to win the singing reality show Indian Idol after Sreerama Chandra, who emerged as the winner of Indian Idol season 5 (2010).
- Revanth, in an interview, revealed that he never received any formal training in singing.
- In an interview, Revanth revealed that to support his family financially, he initially worked at public phone booths and in the catering business.
- Since childhood, Revanth had a great interest in playing cricket with friends.
- Revanth has performed in more than 500 stage shows and concerts in India as well as in other countries like the USA, Singapore, Australia, and UAE.
- Revanth, in an interview, revealed that he was proficient in the Sanskrit language as during his school days, he studied Vedic literature and mastered the Bhagavad Gita.