Lachlan Hammond Ferguson is a New Zealand cricketer who plays first-class cricket for Auckland and for the New Zealand national side. He is known for his devastating speed and bouncers, and he is one of the world’s quickest bowlers.
|Real Name||Lachlan Hammond Ferguson|
|Birth Place||Auckland, New Zealand|
|Date of Birth||13 June 1991|
|Height in Inches||6’1″|
|Weight in KG||80kg|
|Girlfriend||Laura McGoldrick (TV Presenter and RJ)|
|Net Worth||$6 million- 7 million|
Lockie Ferguson Biography
Doug Ferguson and Jan Ferguson gave birth to Lockie Ferguson on June 13, 1991, in Auckland, New Zealand. Ferguson’s love of cricket was evident from an early age. He was never a line and length bowler; bowling always meant being quick to him.
He won the National Schools Fast Bowling Competition in 2008. He was also named New Zealand’s fastest secondary school bowler. The right-arm fast bowler has already established himself as a ferocious speedster and was a key contributor to New Zealand’s excellent run in the 2019 ICC Cricket World Cup. He can often hit over 150 kph and possesses a vicious bouncer that can even disturb the finest hitter in the game.
Lockie Ferguson Height, Weight, Body measurement
Lockie Ferguson stands 6 feet 1 inch (1.85 m) tall and weighs 80 kg (176 lbs). The weight may have changed, but we only included the most recent one. Her hair is dark brown, and her eyes are brown.
- Ferguson’s first-class career started in the 2012-13 domestic season when he represented Auckland in the Planket shield event.
- He didn’t make an immediate impression in the competition, and it took him two years to make one.
- After two average seasons in 2012-13 and 13-14, he finally made an impression on the domestic circuit in 2014-15, collecting 21 wickets.
- He followed up his outstanding performance with another outstanding season, taking 31 wickets in the 2015-16 season.
- He was ready for international cricket after two straight good seasons on the local circuit while playing for Auckland, and he secured a spot on New Zealand’s national team as a result.
- He was given the chance to wear the New Zealand jersey in December 2016 when he replaced an injured player in the ODI lineup for the series against Australia.
- In his first international over, he dismissed the dangerous David Warner. Lockie Ferguson also bowled Sabbir Rahman in his maiden T20 International over for the New Zealand National Cricket Team against Bangladesh on January 3, 2017, at Napier, New Zealand.
- Rising Pune Supergiants paid 50 lakhs for him in February 2017 for the 2017 Indian Premier League.
- During the 2017 Indian Premier League season, he won a match against Royal Challengers Bangalore by taking two wickets for seven runs in four overs.
- In December 2018, the Kolkata Knight Riders purchased him for 1.6 crores for the 2019 IPL.
- Lockie Ferguson became the second player in cricket history to take two wickets with his first two deliveries in his T20 debut against Bangladesh.
Lockie Ferguson’s Net Worth
Lockie Ferguson is a well-known figure. Lockie Ferguson’s net worth is believed to be between $6 and $7 million USD as of October 2023. His income comes from social media, paid promotion, advertising, and promoted businesses. Lockie Ferguson lives a lavish and extravagant lifestyle. Lockie Ferguson’s monthly salary is between $15000 and $17000 USD. He enjoys visiting fancy locations and expensive cities. Lockie Ferguson’s net worth grows year after year. He is a diligent individual who devotes his whole life to his profession. He has a fantastic automobile collection, which is one of the most intriguing aspects of his personality. Many claims circulate that He has a $100 million estate.
Lockie Ferguson Girlfriend, Dating
Kat Houk is known to be in a relationship with a New Zealand cricketer. He made his international debut for New Zealand in 2016 and is now playing for Gujarat Titans in the ongoing Indian Premier League. According to reports, the pair met in the spring of 2018 when Kat was visiting New Zealand.
In the meanwhile, Kat Houk and Lockie Ferguson have a cross-continental relationship, with Kat back at college in California and Lockie now in India for the IPL. The two were seen together during a World Cup match in 2019 and seldom post images on Instagram. They also made their romance public on the social networking site last summer.
Awards & Achievement
- Lockie Ferguson Was Awarded The Quickest Secondary School Bowler Of New Zealand And Also Managed To Win The National Schools Fast Bowling Competition In 2008.
- Lockie Ferguson won the Player of the Match Award for claiming four wickets against the Delhi Capitals.
- He finished his education at Auckland Grammar School in Auckland, New Zealand.
- Lockie Ferguson is a quick bowler with a bowling speed of more than 150km/h.
- He was also named New Zealand’s fastest secondary school bowler.
- Against Otago in the 2016-17 Plunket Shield season, he grabbed his maiden 5-wicket haul for Auckland.
- Ferguson claimed his 150th first-class wicket in November 2019, during the 2019-20 Plunket Shield season.
- He was picked to New Zealand’s team for the 2019 Cricket World Cup in April 2019.