Marvel Studios has teased Loki’s future in the MCU, one that potentially includes a reunion between the God of Mischief and his brother Thor.
- Marvel Studios hints at a future Thor reunion with Loki in the MCU, revealing that the sun may shine on the Sons of Odin once again.
- Kevin Wright, Marvel Studios executive producer, expresses hope for a fulfilling Loki and Thor meeting in the future, emphasizing the emotional journey of Loki as the goal of the two seasons.
- Reunions between Loki and Thor could happen during the Multiverse Saga or in Phase 7, with potential appearances in upcoming Avengers films and the possibility of a massive status quo shift in Avengers: Secret Wars.
SCREENRANT VIDEO OF THE DAY
SCROLL TO CONTINUE WITH CONTENT
Marvel Studios has teased Loki’s future in the MCU, one that could one day include a future reunion with Thor (Chris Hemsworth). With Loki season 2 set to premiere soon featuring the next chapter of the God of Mischief’s adventures with the Time Variance Authority, new insights have been revealed regarding the ultimate endgame for Tom Hiddleston’s Loki. Now, it’s been hinted that the sun may indeed shine on the Sons of Odin once again in the MCU.
In an interview with Variety, Marvel Studios executive producer Kevin Wright revealed some new details about Loki season 2. He was also asked about whether Loki would ever rejoin the greater MCU at some point beyond the events seen in the Loki show itself, to which Wright hinted at future hopes for a Thor reunion. The exciting comments can be viewed below:
“That’s the hope. I don’t want to — yeah. I think the sun shining on Loki and Thor once again has always been the priority of the story we’re telling. But for that meeting to really be fulfilling, we have to get Loki to a certain place emotionally. I think that’s been the goal of these two seasons.”
With the original Loki having been killed by Thanos in Avengers: Infinity War, Loki’s version of the God of Mischief was created after the Avengers altered the past in Endgame, thereby creating a variant of Loki who escaped SHIELD’s custody in 2012 only to be arrested by the TVA. Having been shown what his life should have been like, it follows that this variant is continually growing, becoming closer to the more redemptive figure seen in Infinity War.Related: Loki Season 2 Story Recap: 10+ Things To Know From Previous MCU Movies & Shows
When Loki & Thor Are Most Likely To Reunite In The MCU
Looking beyond Loki season 2, there are a few likely places in the MCU where Loki and Thor could potentially reunite as brothers. During the Multiverse Saga, the most likely projects would be the upcoming Avengers films with Loki helping to take down Kang the Conqueror, having been one of the first MCU characters to have faced variants of the time-traveling despot with He Who Remains in Loki season 1 and soon Victor Timely in Loki season 2. Likewise, it’s been theorized that the culminating Avengers: Secret Wars will bring about a massive status quo shift for the MCU with the entire multiverse potentially being rewritten in its aftermath.
Beyond Thor and Loki coming together during the Multiverse Saga, the Sons of Odin could also reunite in whatever saga comes next with Phase 7. A reunion would be immensely satisfying regardless, fulfilling Loki’s promise to Thor in Infinity War that the “sun would shine on them again”, even if Loki’s version is different from the Loki Thor lost. At any rate, it does seem as though the MCU’s newest Loki is indeed on his way to achieving that prime emotional state to make a Thor reunion meaningful in the near future.
Key Release Dates
- The Marvels Release Date: 2023-11-10
- Deadpool 3 Release Date: 2024-05-03
- Captain America: Brave New World Release Date: 2024-05-03
- Marvel’s Thunderbolts Release Date: 2024-12-20
- Blade (2025) Release Date: 2025-02-14
- Marvel’s Fantastic Four Release Date: 2025-05-02
- Avengers: The Kang Dynasty Release Date: 2026-05-01
- Avengers: Secret Wars Release Date: 2027-05-01