Marco Asensio Willemsen is a Spanish professional footballer who plays for Real Madrid and the Spanish national team as a winger and offensive midfielder. He began his career at Mallorca before joining Real Madrid in November 2014, where he was loaned to both his previous club and Espanyol.
|Full Name||Marco Asensio Willemsen|
|Celebrated name||Marco Asensio|
|Nickname (s)||Golden Boy|
|Birth Date||21 January 1996|
|Birth Place||Palma, Spain|
|Age in 2023||27 Years|
|Mother||Maria Gertruida Margaretha Willemsen|
|Sister (s)||Not Available|
|Brother (s)||Igor Asensio|
|Girlfriend (s) / Affairs||Sandra Garal|
|Marital Status||In a Relationship|
|Net Worth||$55.81 Million Euro|
Marco Asensio Biography
On 21 January 1996, this Spanish footballer was born into a middle-class household in Palma, Spain. Gilberto Asensio is his father’s name, and Maria Gertruida Margaretha Willemsen is his mother’s.
His father is from Spain, while his mother is from the Netherlands. Marco was named after his mother, Maria Gertruida Margaretha Willemsen, after her favorite Dutch player, ” Marco van Basten “. His mother died from cancer when he was 15 years old. Gilberto Asensio, his father, is a former professional footballer who played as an attacking midfielder.
Igor Asensio is his brother. Igor is a professional football player as well. Marco was eligible to play for the Netherlands, but he choose to represent Spain. When he was nine years old, this football prodigy began his youth career with Platges De Calvia.
Marco Asensio Height, Weight, Body measurement
Marco Asensio stands 5 feet 11 inches tall. He stands 1.82m and 182 cm tall. He weighs roughly 76 kg and 168 lbs. He is of mixed Dutch and Spanish ancestry. Marco Asensio’s lovely visage draws a lot of people to him. With his dark eyes and black hair, he exudes confidence. There is no information available on the internet concerning his bodily measurements.
- Marco Asensio began his career in Tercera Division in 2013-14 after being scouted by Real Madrid and FC Barcelona. On October 27, 2013, he made his first competitive appearance for the first team, playing the last three minutes of a 1-3 away defeat against “Recreativo de Huelva” in the Segunda División.
- He also played the last six minutes of a 0-0 home tie against the famed “CD Lugo.” Following his great performance in his first games, he was promoted to the first team by the management.
- On March 16, 2014, Marco scored his first professional goal in a 2-0 home win against CD Tenerife. He was also appointed a starter by the new coach, “Valeri Karpin.”
- On November 24, 2014, Marco Asensio signed a deal with the well-known and renowned Spanish club “Real Madrid.” The player signed a six-year contract for 3.9 million Euros, making the transaction official.
- On 20 August 2015, Marco Asensio was loaned to RCD Espanyol in La Liga after spending the whole pre-season with Real Madrid.
- On September 19, he made his debut for the club, playing 86 minutes in a 3-2 victory against Real Sociedad. On September 28, 2017, Marco Asensio extended his contract till 2023.
- He also scored a brace in a 5-3 away win against Real Betis on February 18, 2018. In addition, Marco Asensio scored Real Madrid’s 6000th goal in the Spanish top flight.
- Marco Asensio returned to the season’s final stretch, scoring three goals in nine games as Real Madrid won the 2019-20 La Liga.
- Marco Asensio began his international career with Spain, despite an offer from the Royal Dutch Football Association.
- He opted to choose Spain despite having both Spanish and Dutch ancestors. Marco earned his first appearance for the under-21 squad on March 26, 2015, having previously represented Spain at the junior level.
- In a 2-0 friendly victory against Norway in Cartagena, he came on as a late substitution for striker Gerard Deulofeu. In July, he was also a member of the successful under-19 side at the UEFA European Championship.
- . Marco scored his first goal for Spain on September 11, 2018, after playing the whole 6-0 UEFA Nations League home thrashing of Croatia and being directly involved in the action that led to Lovre Kalinic’s own goal.
Marco Asensio ’s Net Worth
Marco Asensio’s true net worth is unknown, but our analysts believe that he is presently worth $55.81 million. When our team considers revenue sources other than Instagram, Marco Asensio is projected to be worth more than 89.3 million. Marco Asensio’s Instagram account has 12.23 million followers. That indicates Marco Asensio has more than 81.55 thousand more followers than the average profile page. Each of Marco Asensio’s images receives an average of 530.93 thousand likes, which is much more than the 1,261 likes that Instagram accounts generally get.
He has many sponsorship and endorsement partnerships with well-known brands like Nike, which contribute to his income.
Property And Cars
The Marco Asensio House is located in Madrid, Spain, and is rather large.
He also owns a diverse collection of automobiles.
- Audi S5
- Audi Q7
- Audi A7
- Mercedes Benz AMG
- Ferrari 488 Italy
Marco Asensio Girlfriend, Dating
Marco Asensio is in a relationship with the stunning Sandra Garal. The pair began dating at the beginning of 2019. They did, however, publicly announce their engagement during Sergio Ramos and Pilar Rubio’s wedding. They were said to have met in a nightclub where Sandra worked as a waiter.
Awards & Achievement
- Segunda División Player of the Month: October 2014
- UEFA European Under-19 ChampionshipGolden Player: 2015
- La Liga AwardsBreakthrough Player: 2015–16
- UEFA European Under-21 ChampionshipSilver Boot: 2017
- UEFA European Under-21 ChampionshipTeam of the Tournament: 2017
- Marco Asensio is named after her mother’s favorite Dutch soccer star, Marco van Basten.
- Marco Asensio was born with a malformation affecting inadequacies with development in his knees, which he recovered later when he reached his adolescence.
- Marco Asensio progressed to an incredible level after his performances for Los Blancos during the 2016-2017 season, when he provided several spectacular performances for Real Madrid.
- In May 2016, Marco Asensio made his international debut for Spain in a friendly against Bosnia & Herzegovina, which Spain won 3-1.