Mateo Kovacic is a Croatian professional footballer. The dynamic midfielder is a member of the Real Madrid FC club squad as well as the Spanish national team. The gifted midfielder began his professional career as a youngster with Dinamo Zagreb in Croatia, where he won two straight league championships.
|Full Name||Mateo Kovacic|
|Celebrated name||Mateo Kovacic|
|Nickname (s)||Kovacic, Il Professore|
|Birth Date||6 May 1994|
|Birth Place||Linz, Austria|
|Sister (s)||Katarina Kovacic and Jelena Kovacic|
|Girlfriend (s) / Affairs||Izabel Andrijanic|
|Wife / Spouse||Izabel Andrijanic|
|Children (s)||Ivan Kovacic|
|Net Worth||22 Million Euro|
Mateo Kovačić Biography
Mateo Kovacic was born in Linz, Austria on May 6, 1994. His parents are Bosnian Croats who moved to the United States from Kotor Varo, Bosnia and Herzegovina.
Kovacic began playing football at an early age with LASK Linz, an Austrian Football Association team in his birthplace of Linz. Kovacic, at 13, grabbed the attention of scouts from numerous prominent European clubs in 2007. However, on the advice of his parents, he chose to join Croatian serial champion Dinamo Zagreb.
Mateo Kovačić Height, Weight, Body measurement
Mateo Kovacic stands about 178 cm tall (5 feet 10 inches). The footballer was born in Croatia and weighs 75 kg (161 lbs). Mateo Kovacic is noted for his technical abilities as well as his adaptability, which is why he is effective in almost all midfield positions.
- Mateo Kovacic played three seasons with the club’s junior squads in Zagreb before being named to the senior national team in October 2010. Kovacic made history as the league’s youngest scorer on 20 November 2010, at the age of 16 years and 198 days, when he scored the team’s fourth goal in a 6-0 victory against Hrvatski Dragovoljac.
- Thanks to Kovacic’s performances, the club won two consecutive league crowns, and two Croatian Cups, and qualified for the Champions League group stage for the first time in 12 years in 2011-12. In December of 2011, Kovacic was named Croatian Football Hope of the Year.
- Mateo Kovacic transferred to Italian Serie A giants Inter Milan after a great 2012 with Dinamo Zagreb, a trade that surprised many observers. Despite not winning any titles throughout their three seasons at Inter, Kovacic had excellent form.
- UEFA Fair Play Rules (FFP) prompted Inter Milan to transfer Mateo Kovacic to Spanish La Liga heavyweights Real Madrid in August 2015. Under former Real Madrid coach Rafael Benitez, Kovacic enjoyed a regular season with a total of 34 games in his rookie season (2015-16).
- His season, however, got unusual once coach Zinedine Zidane took over in early 2016. Kovacic made just eight appearances in the 2015-16 Champions League triumph and began only part-time in the 2016-17 La Liga/UEFA Champions League doubles.
- Kovacic had even less playing time in Real Madrid’s 2017-18 Champions League season, in which the team won its 13th Champions League championship.
- Mateo Kovacic made his international debut for the Croatian national team in a U-14 friendly match against Slovakia. The gifted kid has also represented Croatia at the U-15, U-17, U-19, and U-21 levels. In August 2012, Kovacic was named to the senior national squad for the first time.
- The gifted player played in Croatia’s FIFA World Cup qualifying matches and was also a member of the team for the 2014 FIFA World Cup finals. Croatia qualified for the 2018 FIFA World Cup from Kovacic, where they reached the final of a FIFA World Cup for the first time in Moscow and eventually lost 4-2 to eventual champions France.
Mateo Kovačić ’s Net Worth
His current salary is 5.2 million GBP as of 2023. He is a Croatian international footballer with a net worth of 22 million euros (19 million pounds) and a market value of 35 million euros (31 Million pounds) as of October October 2023.
He has several sponsorship and endorsement deals with well-known companies such as Nike, which add to his income.
Mateo Kovačić Wife, Marriage, Children
Mateo Kovacic is presently married to Izabel Andrijanic, a lovely Swiss-born model. Aside from her successful modeling career, Izabel Andrijanic has a university degree in finance and operates a baby product firm. The pair married at the church of St. Antun Padua in the Croatian town of Sesvetska Sela in June 2017. The couple met as youngsters in the same church where Kovacic was an altar boy and his wife Izabel sang in the choir. Following the ceremonial ceremony, the couple had a sumptuous celebration at the Hotel Westin in Croatia’s capital, Zagreb.
Awards & Achievement
- 2020-21 UEFA Champions League
- 2018-19 UEFA Europa League
- 2021 UEFA Super Cup
- 2021 FIFA Club World Cup
- 2019-20 FA Cup runner-up, 2021–22
- 2018-19 EFL Cup runner-up,2021–22
- 2018 FIFA World Cup runner-up
- 2018 Croatian Football Prospect of the Year
- Chelsea 2019-20 Player of the Year
- Chelsea Seasonal Goal: 2021-22
- The Premier League Month’s Goal: January 2022
- Mateo started playing soccer when he was approximately three years old. When his mother learned of his talent, she started bringing him to football practice sessions as soon as he turned five.
- Mateo Kovacic played three seasons with the club’s minor squads before being named to the senior national team in October 2010.
- After four months, he began practicing with the Dinamo Zagreb club team under manager Vahid Halilhodzic on October 6, 2010.
- On 20 November 2010, he made his professional league debut in the 2010-11 Croatian First Football League away game against Hrvatski Dragovoljac, scoring Dinamo’s fourth goal in their 6-0 triumph.
- Kovacic was nominated for Golden Boy, an award presented by sports writers to a young athlete from Europe who looks to have been the most remarkable over a season, in October 2012.
- On 31 January 2013, he transferred to Dinamo Zagreb from Inter Milan.
- Kovai made his European debut earlier that day in front of his home fans at San Siro in the UEFA Europa League against CFR Cluj.