Matthijs de Ligt is a Dutch professional footballer who plays for Bundesliga club Bayern Munich as well as the Netherlands national team. De Ligt made his senior team debut in a cup game against Willem II in September 2016.
|Full Name||Matthijs de Ligt|
|Celebrated name||De Ligt|
|Nickname (s)||The Total Defender, De Ligt|
|Birth Date||12 August 1999|
|Birth Place||Leiderdorp, Netherlands|
|Age in 2023||23 Years|
|Father||Frank de Ligt|
|Mother||Vivian de Ligt|
|Sister (s)||Not Available|
|Brother (s)||Fleur de Ligt and Wouter de Ligt|
|Girlfriend (s) / Affairs||Annekee Molenaar (Dutch model)|
|Marital Status||In a Relationship|
|Net Worth||9 Million Euro|
Matthijs de Ligt Biography
Matthijs de Ligt was born on August 12, 1999, in Leiderdorp, Netherlands, this Dutch football player was born into a middle-class household. Frank de Ligt is his father, and Vivian de Ligt is his mother. There is no information regarding his father’s or mother’s professional backgrounds accessible. De Ligt is the family’s first son and first kid. Fleur de Ligt and Wouter de Ligt are his two younger brothers. He aspired to be a tennis player as a youngster. He subsequently altered his mind, though. When he was six years old, this player began his youth career with Abcoude.
Matthijs de Ligt Height, Weight, Body measurement
To begin, this Dutch center-back has an excellent body. In terms of stature, he is 6 feet 2 inches tall. Matthijs weights around 89 kg (196 lbs). Similarly, De Ligt has a physically athletic look. Similarly, his hair is blonde, and his eyes are blue. De Ligt, on the other hand, is a Leo, who is creative and diligent. A Leo guy is ambitious, has huge ideas for the future, and pursues his goals with confidence and tenacity. Furthermore, De Ligt seems to be of Dutch nationality.
- When he was nine years old, De Ligt joined the Ajax youth program from his hometown club in Abcoude, just outside of Amsterdam. The trainers at the young academy first believed he was too sluggish and out of shape, but he was given the chance to grow at the academy and went on to establish his value.
- He made his Eerste Divisie debut for Jong Ajax on August 8, 2016, playing the full game against FC Emmen. This season, De Ligt featured in 17 games for Jong Ajax.
- On September 21, De Ligt made his senior Ajax debut in a cup match against Willem II. After 25 minutes, he scored from a corner to become Ajax’s second-youngest goalscorer after Clarence Seedorf; Ajax won the game 5-0. On October 24, Ajax announced on Twitter that De Ligt had been promoted to the senior team.
- De Ligt immediately established himself in the first team after being promoted, featuring in 11 league matches and nine Europa League matches. On May 24, he became the youngest player (17 years and 285 days) to play in a major European final when he took the field against Manchester United in the 2017 UEFA Europa League Final.
- On March 25, 2017, De Ligt made his international debut for the Netherlands in a 2-0 defeat to Bulgaria in a 2018 FIFA World Cup qualifying match.
- Despite just appearing in two league games for Ajax, national team coach Danny Blind selected De Ligt for the squad. At the age of 17, he became the youngest player to make his national team debut in 1931.
- De Ligt started and played 90 minutes in each of the Netherlands’ four UEFA Nations League group matches against Germany and France, helping the country win the group and qualify for the first Nations League Finals.
- On 5 June, he scored a header against England in the semi-finals, guaranteeing a place in the final, when the Netherlands were beaten 0-1 by Portugal.
- On June 27, 2021, he was sent off for handball against Czech Republic in the UEFA Euro 2020 round of 16. After surrendering two goals, the Netherlands went on to lose the tournament.
- He was a member of the AFC Ajax club that finished second in the UEFA Europa League in 2016-17.
- He also has many individual records, including Best Player of the ABN AMRO Future Cup 2015, Best Player of the Copa Amsterdam 2015, AFC Ajax Talent of the Future 2016 (Sjaak Swart Award), and Member of the UEFA Europa League 2016-17 Squad of the Season.
Matthijs de Ligt’s Net Worth
The bulk of Ligt’s earnings is derived from his football career. Because the athlete has been in the sport for a long time, we may presume he has earned a nice income.
Despite the fact that the sportsman has not declared his precise net worth, it is anticipated that he is worth more than 9 million dollars as of October 2023.
His yearly income is nearly a million dollars, according to several reports.
His small money is the result of his football success, and his spending habits indicate he is fortunate.
Ligt has signed a sponsorship deal with German sportswear giant Adidas. Due to the terms of the deal, he is required to wear Adidas footwear for his professional matches.
Property And Cars
Matthijs de Ligt House is located in Amsterdam, Netherlands, and he shares it with his lovely girlfriend.
He owns a large collection of automobiles, including Autobiography of a Range Rover, The Ferrari 488 Italia, AMG G63 Mercedes-Benz, Audi Q7, and BMW X5.
Matthijs de Ligt Girlfriend, Dating
Matthijs De Ligt was in a relationship with Anneke Molenaar, a stunning, attractive lady who plays hockey for HC Athena in Amsterdam, Netherlands before he became a football sensation. Annick and Matthijs seem to enjoy a smooth and loving relationship.
Matthijs De Ligt’s inamorata has been in the celebrity publicities of performing since her progression from an Amsterdam juvenile theatrical institution.
De Ligt spends his free time doing things like playing FIFA and watching Netflix.
Awards & Achievement
- The best player during the 2015 Copa Amsterdam.
- Named as the ABN AMRO Future Cup Best Player in 2015.
- In 2016, he was the Ajax Talent of the Future.
- Named in the 2016 UEFA European Under-17 Championship Team of the Tournament.
- In 2018, he was the Talent of the Year for Ajax.
- Was in the 2016-17 Europa League Squad of the Season.
- During the 2018-19 season, he was in the list of the Champions League Squad of the season.
- Named twice in the Squad if the Season in Eredivisie Team of the Year.
- 2018 Dutch Talent of the Year.
- 2019 Dutch Footballer of the Year.
- 2018 Golden Boy.
- 2019 Kopa Trophy.
- 2019 UEFA Team of the Year.
- Matthijs de Ligt is a Dutch professional footballer who was born in Leiderdorp, the Netherlands, on August 12, 1999. He is a member of AFC Ajax. His main position is that of a central defender.
- Matthijs de Ligt has always assisted his brothers since he was a child. Wouter, his younger brother, had always considered himself lucky to have a big brother with whom he had enjoyed a relationship since their boyhood.
- According to Matthijs de Ligt, the most memorable occasion was meeting Luis Suarez when he was still playing for Ajax II.
- Experts consider Matthijs de Ligt to be one of the world’s most gifted young defenders. At the age of 19, he earned the Golden Boy award in 2018. This honor is granted to Europe’s finest and most prominent young player.