Mukesh Madhavan is an Indian actor and politician. He predominantly works in Malayalam cinema.
Mukesh Madhavan was born on Tuesday, 5 March 1957 (age 64 years; as of 2021) in the Kollam city of Kerela, India. His zodiac sign is Pisces. Mukesh Madhavan went to Infant Jesus Anglo Indian High School, Tangasseri for his primary education. He got enrolled in the Sree Narayana College, Kollam to pursue a bachelors’ degree in Science.
Height (approx.): 5′ 9″
Eye Colour: Black
Hair Colour: Black
Parents & Siblings
Mukesh Madhavan was born to O. Madhavan and Vijayakumari. His father, O. Madhavan, was an Indian theatre director and actor. He was one of the founding members of the Communist Party of India in Kerala. Mukesh’s mother, Vijayakumari, is an Indian stage, television, and film actress.
Mukesh has two sisters, Sandhya Rajendran and Jayasree. Sandhya Rajendran is a Malayalam film and drama artist.
Relationships, Wife & Children
Mukesh Madhavan got married to Saritha, a SouthIndian actress in 1998. Mukesh and Saritha were blessed with two sons. His son, Shravan is an actor. The relationship between Mukesh and Saritha did not go well and the couple got divorced in 2011.
On 24 October 2013, Mukesh Madhavan tied the knot with Methil Devika. Methil is an Indian dance research scholar and choreographer from Palakkad.
Mukesh Madhavan started his acting career in the movie Ballon in 1982. In 1985, he acted in Mutharamkunnu P. O., a film directed by Sibi Malayil. Then he did a series of slapstick comedies, like Ponnum Kudathinu Pottu, Akkare Ninnoru Maran, Boeing Boeing, and Odaruthammava Aalariyaam. The movie that proved to be a breakthrough for his career was “Ramji Rao Speaking” directed by Siddique-Lal in 1989. This movie established him as a leading actor in the Malayalam film industry. The duo of Siddique-Lal worked like a lucky charm for him and they delivered several hits like, In Harihar Nagar, Godfather, Hitler, Chronic Bachelor, and Friends.
Mukesh Madhavan portrayed the character of a CBI officer, Chacko, in the four movies of the CBI series directed by K. Madhu. His character gained huge popularity. Mukesh was a close friend with Mohanlal and played many supporting roles for his movies as Hello My Dear Wrong Number, Thalavattam, Vandanam, Akkare Akkare Akkare, Kakkakuyil, and Boeing Boeing.
Apart from acting, Mukesh Madhavan was also inclined towards movie productions. He did his first movie production venture along with Sreenivasan. Their first movie together was Katha Parayumbol and the movie proved to be the greatest hit of the year.
Mukesh Madhavan contested the election for the Kerala state constituency named Kollam Constituency in 2016. He won the election and is serving the society as the MLA of the Kerala state constituency.
Awards & Honours
- 2007: Asianet Film Award for Best Film (Producer) – Kadha Parayumbol
- 2007: Filmfare Award for Best Film – Malayalam (Producer) – Kadha Parayumbol
- 2007: Kerala State Film Award for Best Film with Popular Appeal and Aesthetic Value-Kadha Parayumbol
- 2013: Kerala Film Critics Association Awards – Second Best Actor – English: An Autumn in London, Vasanthathinte Kanal Vazhikalil
- 2016: Asianet Special Awards- Multifaceted personality of the year
Mukesh Madhavan was accused by the Bollywood casting director Tess Joseph of sexual harassment with the #meetoo trend. Tess Joseph and Mukesh Madhavan were working for the same game show Koteeshwaran. She mentioned that Mukesh used to call her multiple times over the phone, during the shoot of a game show. On 9 October 2018, Tess took over her Twitter account to spoke about her ordeal that took place nearly two decades ago.
Mukesh Madhavan himself has given a statement and denied all the allegations and affirmed that he hasn’t done any such thing. He said it was just an act to demolish his image publically.
- Mukesh Madhavan is an author of the book “Mukesh Kathakal – Jeevithathiley Nerum Narmavum.“ The book shares his experience as a student and his journey as an actor.
- Mukesh Madhavan is chosen as the chairperson of the Kerala Sangeetha Nataka Akademi.
- His residential address is Kizhakke Veedu, Vadakkevila, Kollam 691010.
- Mukesh was the host of a Malayalam version of Deal or No Deal, which was aired on Surya TV in the year 2000.