Pavitra Punia is a popular Indian television actress. In 2020, she appeared as a contestant in the popular TV reality show ‘Bigg Boss 14.’
Pavitra was born on Saturday, 22 April 1986 (age 37 years; as of 2023), in Hisawada, Baghpat in Uttar Pradesh. Her zodiac sign is Taurus.
She did her schooling at Abhinav Public School, Rohini in Delhi. She did her graduation at the University of Delhi. She holds a Diploma in Hospitality & Aviation.
Height: 5′ 6″
Eye Colour: Brown
Hair Colour: Black
Family & Caste
Pavitra was born in a Hindu Jat family.
Parents & Siblings
In her childhood, she used to live in police lines quarters in Pitampura, Delhi along with her family. Her father’s name is Kushal Pal Singh who worked at Delhi Police, and her mother’s name is Suman Singh. She has one brother, Anurag Singh.
She is unmarried.
In 2011, she dated former MTV Roadies contestant Salman Sait. After dating him for more than a year, the couple parted ways.
In 2015, she got engaged to her Indore-based hotelier boyfriend Sumit Maheshwari. They were all set to tie the knot, but due to some unknown reasons, they broke their engagement.
She then dated Bigg Boss 13 contestant Paras Chhabra. Pavitra’s relationship with Paras did not last long, and they parted ways.
She was in a rumoured relationship with the Love School 3 contestant Pratik Sehajpal in 2019.
From 2020 to 2022, she dated Bigg Boss 14 contestant Eijaz Khan.
On 3 October 2022, she got engaged to Eijaz Khan after dating him for almost two years.
Pavitra applied online for the popular TV reality show ‘Roadies’ auditions in 2009. Instead of Roadies, she got a call from another MTV reality show ‘Splitsvilla.’ She was shortlisted for the Splitsvilla and was called to Mumbai as a participant in the show. She agreed to it and was among the finalists in this show. She then appeared as a contestant in the TV reality show ‘MTV Making The Cut 2’ (2010).
In 2010, she did a cameo in the Star One’s TV serial ‘Geet– Hui Sabse Parayi’ in which she played the role of Dalljiet. She appeared as a contestant in the TV reality show ‘Jeele Yeh Pal’ in 2011. She got her big break in the Star Plus serial ‘Love u Zindagi’ (2011) opposite Bigg Boss 13 winner Siddharth Shukla.
Later, she acted in the TV serials like ‘Sawaare Sabke Sapne Preeto’ (2011), ‘Honge Judaa Naa Hum’ (2012), ‘Yeh Hai Mohabbatein’ (2016), ‘Kavach… Kaali Shaktiyon Se’ (2016), ‘Naagin 3’ (2018), ‘Baalveer Returns’ (2019), and ‘Aladdin – Naam Toh Suna Hoga’ (2020). In 2013, she appeared in the TV reality show ‘Welcome– Baazi Mehmaan Nawazi Ki.’ She debuted as an actor in the Hindi film, ‘Siddhartha: Love, Lust, Peace’ in 2015.
She has participated in various seasons of the celebrity cricket tournament ‘Box Cricket League.’ She appeared as a contestant in the popular TV reality show ‘Bigg Boss 14’ in 2020 along with other contestants like Abhinav Shukla, Jaan Sanu, Rahul Vaidya, and Shehzad Deol.
- In 2020, Paras shared in an interview that Pavitra was already married at the time they were dating that she never revealed it to him. While talking about Paras, Pavitra said,
I don’t really have that much of a controversial past. I just have one ‘sh*t’ in my life and if he has even a bit of self-respect and sense left, he will not enter the Bigg Boss 14 house in my presence and even if he does, he shouldn’t rub me the wrong way or else he would face the dire consequences.”
Paras reacted to her comment and said,
Pavitra has rightly said that Paras was her mistake because a married woman can’t be dating and fooling me. It was alarming to know this when her husband messaged me and said you both could be with each other as much as you want but only after my divorce with her. I confronted her and she agreed, then I got to know one after other shocking revelations about her. I don’t want to open my mouth right now. I could be explosive right now, but time will tell and it will show during her stint in BB. If I open my mouth things can go against her and it won’t be good. She hid about her marriage from me.”
- In November 2020, Sumit Maheshwari, a hotelier, claimed that Punia was still married to him and that she had cheated on him four times.
- Holiday Destination(s): Thailand and Macaw
- Perfume Brand(s): Boss, Femme
- Her real name is Neha Singh.
- While she was doing her graduation, she was preparing for the UPSC exams as well.
- Later, she got a call from Kingfisher’s agency to work for them as a model.
- Her hobbies include dancing, writing, cooking, and listening to music.
- She is an animal lover and has a few pet dogs, white rats, and fishes at her home.
- She is often spotted drinking alcohol at parties.
- She is an ardent follower of Lord Shiva.
- Reportedly, she went under the knives to enhance her lips.
- She has got many tattoos inked on her body out of which one is a rose on her finger, seven chakras on her spine, a peacock feather on her arm, a fairy on her shoulder, and an eye on her arm. As per some sources, the tattoo on her finger was for her ex-fiancee Sandip, later, she replaced the tattoo with a rose.
- In 2018, she started her own cafe, ‘White Rose Café,’ in Lokhandwala, Mumbai.
- In an interview, while talking about Bigg Boss house, she said,
I am very particular about things and I have OCD problem, so I feel things will be good for the housemates as I will keep the house clean. I am not of those kinds who will wait for people to do work. I follow this rule at my house also. Now that I am stepping inside Bigg Boss I will do the work. I will taunt people if they don’t work or are unhygienic but I will do all the work.”