Rajiv Kapoor is an Indian film actor, producer, and director. He is the youngest son of legendary Indian actor and producer Late Raj Kapoor.
Rajiv Kapoor was born on Saturday, 25 August 1962 (age 58 years; at time of death) in Mumbai. His zodiac sign is Virgo. He attended Our Lady of Perpetual Succor School, Chembur, Mumbai.
Height: 5′ 7″
Eye Color: Brown
Hair Color: Black
Family & Caste
He was born in a Khatri Punjabi family.
Parents & Siblings
Rajiv was born into the famous Kapoor family of Bollywood.
His grandparents are legendary Indian actors Prithviraj Kapoor and Ramsarni Mehra.
His father, Late Raj Kapoor, was an Indian actor and filmmaker. His mother’s name is Krishna Kapoor. His brothers Randhir Kapoor and Rishi Kapoor work as actors in Hindi films. He has two younger sisters Ritu Nanda and Rima Jain.
His uncles are famous Indian actors Shammi Kapoor and Shashi Kapoor. Rajiv is the uncle of Kareena Kapoor, Karisma Kapoor, Ranbir Kapoor, Aadar Jain and Armaan Jain.
Relationships, Wife & Children
After dating Indian architect Aarti Sabharwal for two years, the couple married in 2001. Rajiv’s father was unhappy with his marriage. His marriage did not last long, and the two divorced in 2003. After his divorce, he was linked to Indian actresses such as Divya Rana and Nagma. The couple has no children.
In 1983, he debuted as an actor in the Hindi film ‘Ek Jaan Hain Hum’ where he played the role of Vikram Saxena.
He appeared in several Hindi films such as ‘Mera Saathi’ (1985), ‘Ram Teri Ganga Maili’ (1985), ‘Angaarey’ (1986), ‘Hum To Chale Pardes’ (1988), and ‘Naag Nagin’ (1989).
He worked as an executive producer and editor in Hindi films such as ‘Henna’ (1991), ‘Prem Granth’ (1996), and as a producer in ‘Aa Ab Laut Chalen’ (1999). He was also the director of the popular Hindi film ‘Prem Granth’ (1996). His last film as an actor was ‘Zimmedar’ (1990).
- Food: Fish, Shrimp, Khichdi
- Movie: Mera Naam Joker (1970)
On Tuesday, February 9, 2021, he died of a massive heart attack.
- His birth name is Virgoan Rajiv.
- Reportedly, he is considered to be the least popular son of showman Raj Kapoor.
- His family and friends used to call him Chimpu.
- According to some sources, in 1981, Raj Kapoor wanted to cast Rajiv in a film titled “Bus Conductor,” but the project was shelved.
- Some of his daring scenes with Indian actress Mandakini in the Hindi film ‘Ram Teri Ganga Maili’ (1985) received rave reviews. According to some sources, he was upset with his father because the lead actor of the film Mandakini got more attention after the film became a hit.
- In one of the episodes of the English talk show ‘Rendezvous with Simi Garewal,’ she appeared with her brother Rishi Kapoor.
- In 1996, he produced a TV series titled “Shaadi Ka Season,” but the series was cancelled.
- He is often spotted drinking alcohol in parties. Once, he caused a ruckus on a flight after being drunk.
- In an interview, he shared that he has watched the Hindi film ‘Mera Naam Joker’ (1970) more than 150 times.
- He is a foodie and likes to eat non-vegetarian food.