Schauna Chauhan is an Indian businesswoman. She is the CEO of Parle Agro Private Limited, one of the largest beverage companies, which owns the Frooti, Appy, LMN, Hippo, and Bailley brands.
Schauna Chauhan was born on Tuesday, 2 August 1977 (age 45 years; as of 2022). She did her schooling at Kodaikanal International School, Tamil Nadu. She received a bachelor’s degree in international management from Business School Lausanne, Switzerland.
Height (approx.): 5′ 5″
Hair Colour: Salt & Pepper
Eye Colour: Black
Parents & Siblings
Her father’s name is Prakash Chauhan; he is the founder and MD of Parle Agro Private Limited.
Her mother’s name is Meera Chauhan. She has two younger sisters. Her sister, Alisha Chauhan is the director of Parle Agro Private Limited, and her sister, Nadia Chauhan is the JMD and CMO of the company.
Husband & Children
She got married to Bikram Saluja, a Bollywood actor, on 6 December 2004. The couple together has a son named Jahaan.
Her grandfather, Mohanlal Chauhan, is the founder of Parle Products. Her cousin, Jayanti Chauhan, is the vice chairperson of Bisleri International Private Limited. Her uncle Ramesh J. Chauhan (Jayanti Chauhan’s father), is the Chairman of Bisleri International Pvt Ltd.
At the age of 22, Schauna Chauhan joined her father’s business ‘Parle Argo’ in 1999 as an executive director. She took charge of her father’s business and became the CEO of the company in 2006. She always tries to find innovative ways to cut costs and expand her business. In 2016, she set up a manufacturing plant in Uttarakhand with highly automated facilities. While talking about this in an interview, she said,
It is a plant that has been designed with the best process flow for manufacturing? We are also focusing a lot on simplifying the business with the use of automation.”
In 2018, she set up an automated manufacturing plant in Mysuru, Karnataka, to expand the business in southern India. When she took charge of the company, it has seven manufacturing units; however, by 2022, she had succeeded in growing the company’s manufacturing units to thirteen. She also supervises the company’s company’s presence in foreign countries like the USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, and UAE.
Awards & Achievements
- In 2010, she was listed on the list of the ’30 Most Powerful Women’ by Business Today magazine.
- In 2014, she was listed on the list of ’40 Under Forty India’s Hottest Business Leaders’ by The Economic Times.
- She was selected by Hindustan Times to be listed on the list of ‘Mumbai’s Fifty Young Stars’ in 2014.
- In 2017, she was honoured with the ‘India’s Most Influential Woman Entrepreneur’ award by White Page International.
- In 2023, she was awarded by Business Today as the ‘Most Powerful Women in Business.’
- She loves horse riding, swimming, and playing tennis.
- She loves to explore different places. In an interview, she said that she wanted to visit Korea, Japan, Greece, Portugal, Turkey, and Iceland.
- In an interview, she revealed that she wanted to join her father’s business since childhood. She said,
By the time I started high school, I knew I wanted to join the family business.”
- In an interview, she revealed that had she not been a CEO, she would be a lawyer.
- She considers her father and Warren Buffett as her role models.
- In 2014, she was featured on the cover of ‘CEO Lifestyle’ magazine.
- She walked a runway for the campaign ‘Celebrating Woman of Substance’ at the Lakme Fashion Week 2014, where she wore a saree designed by Mandira Bedi.
- In 2018, she was featured on the cover of ‘Fortune India’ magazine as ‘The 50 Most Powerful Women in Business.